The exact measurement of a baby’s length or a small child’s height is important for early diagnosis of growth disorders. There are more than 450 types of growth challenges that must be detected early on. Furthermore, measurements provide essential information about the patient’s health and nutritional status.
- Children are measured while lying down until they are two years old.
- It’s best to have two individuals take the measurement.
- The child should lie flat on his/her back.
- The child’s head should be placed in the center of the head positioner.
- The child’s legs should be fully extended.
- The child’s toes should be pointed up.
- Lock the foot positioner into place.
The sturdy construction of the Seca 416 and stability of the infantometer makes it quick and easy to measure babies and toddlers up to two years old. The board is generously designed and the raised and softly rounded sides guide the baby easily and safely into the right position. Permanently mounted with rollers on two guide rails, the footpiece slides smoothly along the scale. Because the footpiece is lockable, the baby can be removed and the result noted later. All parts are tough and durable.
For more information on Seca Products and how they can benefit your peadicatric requirement get in touch with our support agents today : firstname.lastname@example.org